Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Random thoughts

I've been following a couple of NICU babies on facebook and I can't get either of them out of my mind, praying for them often throughout the day.  If you'd like to read their stories visit

www.facebook.com/TeamEmileigh

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Camdons-Fight/531397116885359

I also have another little guy on my mind.  One of our project NICU supporters has a son that has spent a lot of time in the hospital and needs lots of prayers.  I was honored to send him a blanket this week and I hope he and his family are comforted and encouraged by all the love and prayer that went into that little blanket!

I've finished three blankets this week.  Wish my camera was working so I could post some pictures. My sewing has improved a great deal.  The blanket I finished yesterday turned out nearly perfect!  I'm pretty proud! 

Now if we can just get some volunteers!  As much as I love sewing these blankets, I just can't seem to find enough time sew as much as I'd like.  I'd really like to get 40-50 blankets into the hands of NICU families every month, but I can't do it alone, I've realized. Some days I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew! But I know as the word spreads about project NICU the right people will hear and great things will happen!  I believe! 

For those that have volunteered and donated money, I cannot thank you enough!  Please keep sharing about project NICU!

This week we have six $20 gas cards going to St. Francis NICU.  Those cards will be given to families living out of town that need help with gas money to be able to visit their babies.  I cannot imagine not being able to see my baby because I couldn't afford the gas for travel! 

I saw this on facebook yesterday and loved it so much!  I think this is true for NICU families!

No comments:

Post a Comment