Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Dose of Joy is a Spiritual Cure

"If you do a good job for others, you heal yourself at the same time, because a dose of joy is a spiritual cure."  ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I'm a giver.  I love to give in any way I can, be it financially, kind acts, word, etc. It brings me joy!

 There are so many great causes to support.  I have family members and friends that have battled and are battling cancer, diabetes has affected my family deeply, I've been touched by autism, and down syndrome.  I've been a foster parent and have great concern and care for the children in the system.  I love the work that Emergency Infant Services does and support them in many ways.  So, why did I choose to start project NICU?  I'm not helping find a cure for any illness, feeding the needy, or funding research. 

Because God gave me the NICU journey, not once, not twice, but three times.  Not because I was strong, not because I could handle it better than another.  But because I was tender, I was open.  I would use my experiences to help others. He gave me a testimony.  He gave me a great love and passion for itty bitty babies and their families. He gave me an understanding that cannot be grasped unless you've travel that road.   I didn't know it at the time, but I know God had a purpose.

 I came across the above quote and it's exactly how I feel about this project!  The only cure this project is aiding is healing of the heart and spirit. Not just the heart's of those lives we touch, but mine and yours. Those of us who give our time, money, prayers get a good dose of joy, a spiritual cure.  There's no great cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment